Saturday, March 3, 2012

Rocco is in the house!




We picked Rocco up today! He is the sweetest boy in the world- sort  of.  We picked him up from his foster mom, Sochi at dog beach. She was nice enough to bring his blanket, toys, food and snacks. Rocco came right over to me and sat down  next to me on the grass. Dino took a few pictures. We put him in the kennel and he was so good on the way home- no crying or whining. We took him for a long walk and wore him out- all the while he was peeing on every tree, post and bush on the way. He rested in the kennel this afternoon with a little growling/tooting going on! We fed him and took him for his afternoon walk and he was great. We thought we would let him sit on the couch with us after his walk- HUGE mistake! He wanted to get down to smell around and Dino blocked him and suddenly CUJO came out and growled at him. Dino was really firm and made him sit until he calmed down. He sat down and all was well- he even put his head down on Dino's leg. So he is back in his kennel resting now. I expect he'll be a little upset when  he realizes that Sochi isn't coming back. We are braced for the worst but hoping for the best. Wish us luck (and sleep)! At least we know he can't eat us if he is in the kennel! But isn't he cute?

5 comments:

  1. I miss him so much!
    One day he will stop being Cujo and he will be adorable and sweet like the first time you met him. I used to call him Hannibal Lector and soon I called him my little cow because of his markings and how mellow and sweet he came to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom's dog was like that. We put him with a pack, his cousins and now he's fine. He spend 3 days with 6 dogs. They barked at him and Charlie ran. LOL. If you want we can walk the dogs together sometime. Let me know. ~Sandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra,
      When he gets more settled in we'll definitely have to get together and walk them. He's got a little way to go...
      :) --Sherra

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean.
    When I couldn't see him I would call out to him "Where's my big boy" He would come with his goofy face.

    ReplyDelete